How to Properly Buy A Watch (& Be Happy Long-term With Your Choice)
March 11th, 2022
There are watches…and then there are WATCHES! Floyd & Green offers a collection filled with many of the latter!
You may laugh, but as it’s been said, “the least important thing a watch does is tell time”. Its not always about if the watch does what its supposed to do, but rather how does it do it.
The kind of timepieces we’re talking about are not just finely-crafted and sporting precious metals, but long-term statement pieces that carry incredible appeal that draws a person in & rarely disappoints.. they have the X Factor!
And if that wasn’t enough to get you drooling, these watches have value---real value. And yes…they are smart investments. A timepiece of this caliber brings the owner years of enjoyment (& head turns), and quite often, a nice profit too, if sold.
Now the perfect watch for you isn’t necessarily the one with all the bells & whistles or the one being worn by the latest Instagram influencer. Instead, look for a timepiece that meets a short list of seven requirements:
1. Budget: what do you really want to spend?
2. Materials: will you wear this watch every day? What is your typical day like?
3. Details:what are the inner workings of the watch? How does it feel when you put it on your wrist?
4. Reputation of brand/model:does the brand you’re considering have a rich history? Does the model you’re considering have great reviews?
5. Service:what kind of maintenance is required & how often?
6. Retailer:who are you buying the watch from? Are they trustworthy? Can they repair your watch if needed?
7. Book an appointment with a Floyd & Green watch expert to experience firsthand the thrill of finding & owning the perfect watch.